Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Cockroach! Not again!

If you had read my earlier post on cockroach and thought you did enjoy it, here’s a... continuation? Yeah!

The setting once and again happened to be in the kitchen. And the procedure was somehow the same as before. Despite these, there wasn’t any sense of déjà vu, yet. Instead, I was enjoying myself and partially overwhelmed with fear.

That little roach was lying upside down, struggling with it’s feet up in midair when I came out of the bathroom and noticed it. This kind of convinced me that I might have contacted with it physically. Ironically, my immediate reaction was, “Voilà! Somebody, camera!”.

I hope it wasn’t the same roach I encounter previously, or else, consider it suay. Haha! It’s always better to bump into any roach when night falls, at least you wouldn’t be running around shouting for help, innit?


My hand was shaking, afraid that the cockroach might do stunts and leap up suddenly.

I supposed this roach must be pregnant. Judging from the video clip. If you watched it carefully, you had saw a black thingamajig popping out it’s bottom. What baffled me was that, ahem, it’s horny – two horns poking out. Being ignorant, I initially thought that the roach was popping out a nymph, like pregnant ladies giving birth. After doing some research, I confirmed that baby roaches hatched from eggs, not squeezed out from vagina. The horny little thing was most likely an ootheca.

But! But! But! After another round of further research, I found out I am being suspicious, as always. The horny ends are just normal cercus of cockroaches. Just like monkey's tail, nothing special about it. Duh.

Cockroach's Lifecycle

Dammit. First I was accused of mosquito breeding, most likely I would again, be inculpated for keeping cockroaches and see them multiply instead of sending them to paradise.

Again, some awfully useful and incredibly noteworthy sites I referred to:
http://www.bio.umass.edu/biology/kunkel/cockroach_faq.html
http://www.who.int/docstore/water_sanitation_health/vectcontrol/ch30.htm

Sometimes, I felt that learning all these stuff are much more fascinating then to mug up about the human cells, immune system and the different metabolic pathways for the sake of getting "A" grades.

Cockroaches are more cool then lizards are!

Posted by 壁虎 at 2:18:00 AM

4 Comments

  1. Blogger Lionel Tan posted at 1/25/2006 3:06 PM  
    Yeah! I am MUCH MUCH cooler than you!
  2. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/25/2006 10:02 PM  
    >_<
    this cockroach is not that cockroach.
    =Password Invalid=

    LoL~~
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 2/02/2006 5:50 PM  
    I think I learnt that during secondary school and now it's all returned to my science teacher already. I would have thought cockroachs give birth too, lol...
  4. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 2/02/2006 6:59 PM  
    It might be great if cockroaches do give birth, at least they wouldn't be able to have so much offsprings in one shot.
    Haha..

Post a Comment

« Home