Saturday, February 18, 2006

I'm so damn serious about photography. Had never been so dedicated before.

Firstly, I apologise for my partial hiatus. Had been dwelling on individual photoblogs at the time being, and apart from that, I'm kinda occupied with cameras - researching on the different types of cameras from Single-Lens Reflex (SLR) to the usual compact cameras like Canon PowerShot and Canon IXUS. The one and only brand I fixed my eyes on was obviously Canon. A lot of great photoblogs had photos taken using a Canon EOS 20D, and that was just what I craved for.

Click Photo
Image taken by Justin Ouellette, owner of chromogenic.net.

But however, It's freaking expensive. Just because it's an SLR. Cost of a SLR ranges from SGD1500 to SGD15000, I guess I could only dream of getting one right now, unless I strike lottery and hit the jackpot. So please, strike me with lightning instead, that's an easier option.

Click Photo
Image taken with a Canon EOS 20D with a EF 17-40 f/4L USM zoom lense, by David J. Nightingale, owner of chromasia. Post-processed.

Any experianced photographers here, tell me if there's a difference in image quality between and SLR and a compact camera. And also, the type of images that could be captured. So far I only managed to stumble across photoblogs which provided information stating that photographs were taken from mostly a Canon EOS or a Nikon D70. Lenses used were mainly zoom lense, why not the standard lenses? Should all photos be processed (photoshopped) in order to obtain great photographs?

Click Photo
Image taken with a Nikon D70, by JR, owner of J.R. PHOTOBlog. Post-processed, I guess.

For those who had changed your blog address and noticed me, I'll get them updated soon. And for the rest, do check out my other updated links on the right, a lot of great photoblogs ahead to get you mesmerized, especially to 芦苇草.

Click Photo
Image taken by Miles, owner of MUTE. Post-processed.

Photoblogs maybe in Japanese or Dutch or whatsoever, but heck! A picture speaks a thousand words, of universal languages!

Click Photo
Image taken with Canon EOS 5D, by Kathleen Connally, owner of A Walk Through Durham Township. Post-processed.

That's all for now, hopefully, I'm blogging again soon. And thanks for the regular returning even though the blog was left stagnant. Tag me, I'll still be checking out my blog on hourly daily basis.

I half-own this
Image taken from a review of Canon EOS 20D. Post-processed by me.

I half-own this
Image taken from a review of Canon EOS 20D. Post-processed by me.

What's the difference between a good photographer, and a great photographer?

"Being able to capture what you see as the essence of a scene..." - David J. Nightingale

"Being able to capture the essence of a scene, and the emotions with it." - GeckoZ

Posted by 壁虎 at 5:10:00 PM

7 Comments

  1. Blogger Lionel Tan posted at 2/18/2006 9:43 PM  
    wah...someone very pro hor?

    If one day you become a pro photographer, every year...I make photo vedio for you :)
  2. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 2/18/2006 10:38 PM  
    I dunno I how pro, got how much skill leh, I haven't try it on a Canon EOS 20D before. Muahahaha~

    If i get a good camera, I'll probably change my blog into a photoblog and come out with 1 photo per day like any other photoblogs around. So 1 year I'll have around 365 photos for you to video it. Hahahahaha...
  3. Blogger Lionel Tan posted at 2/19/2006 3:08 PM  
    I don't mind if you want me to do it!
  4. Blogger 陈老师 posted at 2/26/2006 11:50 AM  
    嗨!壁虎,好久不见了哦!
    现在你迷上了摄影啊?
    其实现在噢~不需要什么SLR之类的相机啦~
    要拍好照片,其使用简单的手机拍照也可以噢~ 这是从我一个爱好照相的同时那里学来的(暗:不是芦苇)
    现在就先从那里开始吧!
    给你看看他的作品,有好一些是用手机拍的~还很不错呢!
    http://www.pbase.com/synapseman/randomness
    加油!
  5. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 2/26/2006 1:21 PM  
    蘑菇谢谢你!
    其实自己也喜欢用手机拍,也会常常拿出来乱拍。
    但我常常一次都拍上60到150张照片,如果要送入电脑那会很麻烦,也很烦,因为是一张一张 infra red 的。
    还有手机没 manual manipulations,出来的结果尽管好看,但毕竟不是自己真正想要的效果。
    而且到了晚上或灯光阴暗的地方,照片就会很noisy。
    所以咯。。。嘿嘿嘿~

    现在开始从学校图书馆借了好多摄影的书籍,看看怎么拍出好照片,怎么选相机,怎么 photoshop。还有也借了一台 Casion Digicam, 发现相机尽管有点旧,但是照片还是拍得不错。
    可惜的是相机只能借三天,用一天。
    这是自己最喜欢的作品:
    http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2972/482/1600/Untitled-1%20copy.jpg

    我知道你同事是男生叫 Kelvin。不是芦苇。
    哈哈哈哈~
    我喜欢他 Old Sigma SA-300n & APS shots 里,第一面的照片!拍得超好!

    我会好好加油地!
    :-D
  6. Blogger Jasper Chen posted at 3/05/2006 10:46 PM  
    I'm so cash strapped now that I can't afford a camera. I'm stucked with my Kodak CX4310 which is nothing more than a normal digi-cam.

    Might be going for a semi professional one if I have the money. IF.
  7. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 3/05/2006 11:16 PM  
    hey Jasper, i think, for my current experiances, the normal compact digicam and a professional SLR makes VERY BIG difference in the picture quality. but however right, everything could be solved using photoshop.

    for the past weeks i had been having hands on on 3 digi cams. 2 are compact digi, and the other one a prosumer. i get good images with the help of photoshop.

    check out my photoblog:
    http://www.geckoz-photograv.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

« Home