Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Sony Ericsson K700i

Good tidings!

“Look, I got a new handphone!”
“So… what’s the big deal about it?”
“Well, look again. The issue is that, this is my second handphone throughout my 19 years of life.”
“Whopping enough?”

The once trendy Nokia 8250 handphone well known for it’s brightest illumination ever, was the very first handphone that I had full control over with. But not to boast about, I had it only at the period when it was almost outdated. It was roughly 4 years back when I first possessed it. A sec 3 kid, I was. People around me were already holding on to phones with colourful screen liao. Some even armed with built-in camera, lor.

Today, this companion of mine has turned into a ha’p’orth, degenerated piece of plastic with faults. I shall let it rest in peace, together with those memories it had stored on my behalf – my birthday sms-es, especially.

Speaking about those memories, I once told myself that I would use the phone for as long as possible, and still have yet fully given up on it. But I was at the same time wishing for a camera, or a camera phone.

My dad called home in the early evening, saying that he’s getting a free phone from god-knows-what promotion or something. Holy mackerel, holy moses, holy moly, holy smoke! It was both surprise and turmoil. So after some comparison and consideration, I made a decision.

new Nokia 8250
Nokia 8250, the before. Shining and glowing in it’s silver amour.

old Nokia 8250
Nokia 8250 forced to rest in peace. (taken by rival Sony Ericsson K700i)

A camera phone at this point of time is simply just way too tempting!

I believe that having a camera phone following me wherever I’m off to, I would be able to enhance my post by a lot more folds! Say, a geckozillion times. More narcissistic photos interesting pictures up ahead!

Right now, I starts to worry about where else can I store my birthday reminders. At least 2 dozens of them. And one more thing, I realised that I lost one of the phone number while transferring them to the new phone book. Are there any other victims?

And by the way, being a non-gadget-worshipper, I hope that any Samaritans out there could tell me approximity how much do I need to pay for surfing the net with my handphone. I tried that, it’s just way too cool!

Lastly, presenting to you my latest handphone...

Sony Ericsson K700i
SE K700i sure got a much mesmerizing façade as compared to Nokia 8250, but I still prefer the latter's slender figure. Chio!

Posted by 壁虎 at 5:41:00 AM

18 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1/04/2006 5:47 PM  
    Don't use too much of GPRS, unless it is VERY urgent. It's quite expensive, and excessive usage of GPRS will lead to a bomb in your bills. If I'm not wrong, it's $0.53 per KB. But they charge it by two blocks of KB.
  2. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/04/2006 6:14 PM  
    hey thank you!
    if u return, i would like to know if GPRS only includes web surfing.

    i browsed through 3 - 4 websites. i hope it dosen't cost me more then $5 for it. does it?

    >_<
  3. Blogger Lionel Tan posted at 1/04/2006 9:21 PM  
    Wah! Got new phone!!!
  4. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/04/2006 10:02 PM  
    LoL~! wait for more pictures man!
    =DD
  5. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1/04/2006 11:22 PM  
    Nokia 8250 chio for slender figure?

    So are you hinting that I much more chio, my dear?
  6. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/04/2006 11:40 PM  
    Hahaha! Which Liz are you? I remember someone named Liz tagged or commented and starts to wonder if you 2 are the same person.

    I don't know if you are chio 'cos i've no idea how you look like. If you need my judgement, send me one of your chio-est pic!

    Ha!
  7. Blogger ツリちゃん☆ posted at 1/05/2006 2:10 AM  
    Why people around me all getting new phones?! I want one too!! But I want one without contract, so will be ex-er... haiz... my $$...
  8. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/05/2006 9:26 AM  
    i think mine is without contract and FOC.
    Muahahaha!!!
  9. Blogger 小嬡 posted at 1/05/2006 12:37 PM  
    Don't hao-lian so soon.

    Wait till you are financially independent, then you will know what it means by hokkien term "lui pai tan" (lit. money hard to earn) and chinese saying "钱不够用".

    In the meantime, must count yourself blessed to have a doted father for blessing you a new camera phone lor.

    =P
  10. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/05/2006 1:51 PM  
    ahh.. true lar..
    nvm, next time when i financially independent i use back the 8250 and sell the K700i!
    >_<
  11. Blogger todaealas posted at 1/05/2006 9:48 PM  
    It doesn't include GPRS charges. Only when you start to download things (games, applications, pictures et cetera that has no price tags labelled), then you will start to be charged. Games are usually 60kb in size, so you'll rather download the games in your computer, and send them over to your handset.

    By the way, I'm the first commenter, "anonymous".
  12. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/05/2006 10:26 PM  
    oh, so you are the annonymous. thought i got another new reader! haha!
    so.. does it mean that i am actually surfing net for free if i'm using the phone?? or did i get it wrongly again?

    i just found out that i sent 84409B and received 594084B. if they charge $0.53 per KB, then i need to pay like $400+ or so. i'm very worried now. so i hope that surfing the web is FOC.

    >_<
  13. Blogger todaealas posted at 1/06/2006 6:49 PM  
    If I'm not wrong, surfing the web is FOC. The charging begins when you start to download things.

    Sorry to break your impression of a new reader.
  14. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/06/2006 8:50 PM  
    I hereby hope that you are not wrong too. Keeping my fingers crossed as well.
    >_<

    Don't feel sorry for breaking my impression. Be sorry for creating an impression instead.
    LoL~ =)
  15. Blogger Xiaoxin (小心) posted at 1/08/2006 1:11 AM  
    8250 was my favourite phone too! i used it for a few years till it finally went dead... i still kept its corspe though....haha...
  16. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/08/2006 1:19 AM  
    小心, you still can't type in chinese ar? How did you keep it's corpse? I merely left it lying around unpreserved.
    Haha!
  17. Blogger todaealas posted at 1/09/2006 7:54 PM  
    8250 is quite a nice phone. Even a dummy knows how to use it! It's simply... "retro".
  18. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/09/2006 10:08 PM  
    but i thought all phones are as easy to use??

Post a Comment

« Home