Saturday, January 07, 2006

Let's get the ball rolling, and the pins toppling!

It’s weekend again! Just like most weekends, it’s either gathering around the pool table, or leading a queue behind the four-step line – waiting for a turn to roll the bowling ball. Indeed! We, the SaLiWuTa brothers, desired to be a bowler for today.

Just in case you didn’t know yet, SaLiWuTa refers to Van, Long, Faj and me. Long was absent as he got some assignments on hand that required immediate action taken.

I was delayed as I over-slept this morning, waking up only ten minutes before the time we had arranged to meet. Despite of being late, my brothers waited for me with no complains, full anticipation, and most importantly, a broad smile! That define buddies. Correct?

So there we were! Set our foot at Great World City for our meals – the KFC’s Daily Saver Meals. I got myself my preferred selection, you could have guessed what I was referring to. And apart from food, the girl serving me caught my eyes. Not fully on her appearance, but rather her good working attitude towards the crews and customers. A part-timer waiting for her “O” level results, I surmise. With a nice name called Ting Ting. Ahem, I noticed her name tag.

Bandito Pockett meal
The only KFC meal that whet my appetite. Bandito pockett + 1 cheese fries + 1 regular mountain dew for just $5.95! You have saved $2 for tomorrow’s lunch and 25 cents for your almost-rusty piggy bank.

We then headed to Kim Seng's crowded-on-weekends Star Bowl. Fortunately there were still 2 or 3 vacant lanes for us, barely sufficient. Game after game. In no time, we finish five games at a rate of one minute per frame, which charges at $3 per game.

Van’s Confident shot
Look at that posture together with the cap, so professional and cute!

Faj’s Confident shot
This is another bowl that promises a strike!

Van’s disappointed shot
Perhaps I made the wrong postulation. See the sad face yourself.

Faj’s disappointed shot
Ahh, and Faj got that kind of look as well.

The cash spent on all activities today was nothing special on individual, but in toto, it cost all notes and coins that I have in my wallet! I turned pauper and am on a three dollars loan from Faj. From now onwards, do-it-myself tuna bread will be for dinner. Actually, it has been my dinner for the past three to four nights, with fresh lettuce in lieu of red tomatoes. It might look tawdry and “anyhowly" in photos, but it sure is appealing and mouthwatering in actual. I could imagine you imitating our Merlion already.

DIM tuna bread
A wholesome sandwich for dinner, with the nutrients of meat and veggie. Servings: 7 – 8 slices of bread.

Snapped some photos on the road leading towards home. One of the shots that caught my eyes was this.

On a lonely road
The colours were beautifully contrasted.

More photos were snapped but left un-blogged. You are advised to check out my Flickr account on habitual basis after every post if you enjoy my works, or just simply curious to check out more photographs as of that particular post. Thank you!

Strike.
Double.
Turkey.
Four-bagger.
Five-bagger.
Sixpack.
Seven-in-a-row.
Eight-in-a-row.
Nine-in-a-row.
Ten-in-a-row.
Eleven-in-a-row.
Perfect Game!


Now, that’s my target as a bowler. I guess it’s quite obvious to see the distance apart from my goal, ever since the castle in the air appears right in front of me.

Check out some cheem cheem terms on bowling so that you won't turn a total suah koo in front of the pins. I bet you wouldn't want them to laugh at your ignorance after you knock them down for umpteen times. Haha!

And oh, todaealas, this Van claims to be your Godfather.

Posted by 壁虎 at 11:49:00 PM

4 Comments

  1. Blogger ツリちゃん☆ posted at 1/09/2006 3:14 AM  
    My bowling no good leh.

    But eating cheese fries... *slurp*

    :p

    Erm, 7-8 servings of bread is too much bah?
  2. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/09/2006 1:26 PM  
    7-8 servings too much ar? how about 5 to 6? hahahaha~~
    crazy eater like me is like that wan. food fills the eyes, not the stomach.

    =P
  3. Blogger todaealas posted at 1/09/2006 7:58 PM  
    Oh ya, he's my godfather. At first, I didn't know what you were talking about. Then I recalled the events in a game called "Hyper Relay". =)
  4. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/09/2006 10:06 PM  
    Hyper Relay? haha, sounds fun.
    tsk tsk.

Post a Comment

« Home