Sunday, January 15, 2006

It’s all about money.

Mom had been bugging me to hand over my past year’s savings from my mini piggy bank which is not at all, in the form of a pig. The pestering period had lasted quite a few months. She deposits the valuable pieces of colourful paper, both my savings and the ang bao money together annually for the one percent of interest.

Notes I stuffedCoins I stuffed
They look more like karang guni’s barang barang.

Somehow, you could reckon that I was busy, busy trying to be lazy. I wasn’t aware of how many eggs I nested till she counted them for me. The notes were folded into origami hearts to make slotting easy. Easy way in, but difficult way out. The method “by-hook-or-by-crook” do not work in such a situation. “By-dig-and-by-shake” way is adapted as the one and only solution, but still, it takes a century to get the money all out. And that should partially explain why I don’t use my savings for phone bills, transport, food and et cetera. Getting money from parents are relatively more convenient.

Heart-shaped notes
Girls nowadays very demanding. I’m doing all these just in case I had to fold nine hundred and ninety nine hearts out of bright-red ten dollar notes to propose.

Finally I decided to empty my already-stuffed mini bank today since I need more space for the new year. Then I came across quite a lot of things I had almost lost them in my memories. The treasured tokens I once collected, the old notes I’ve got from yesteryear and before, and the ancient 50 cents coins of the olden Singapore. Those arcade tokens are holy to me. I used them to make decisions by tossing their heads and tails. Presently all arcades are already using some smart card and normal 50 cents coins, these tokens became more precious.

Old notesTokens
Money and tokens that are on the verge of extinction. Tokens from Wywy Wonder Space, Clack Quey, E-zone, Chimsy, and I-forgot-what.

Old cash are cleared, here comes the new cash don in the over-sized red packets. Furthermore, I get to eat more of my favourite “cash-you” nuts – the nuts in kidney shape. I’m expecting mental-high from all these incoming cash already!

New notes
Being a Singaporean, how can I not have the new plastic notes immediately? Not because it’s Singapore’s currency, but rather, because I have the trait of kiasuness.

If 4D strikes me or I strike 4D, whichever the sequence is, I would probably be very happy this Chinese New Year. That’s how new year wishes like “Wishing you prosperity, good luck, and happiness” should be granted! Haha!

4D tickets
My first and last tickets so far. I’m a responsible player, not a full time gambler.

I came across this interesting picture. Take off your coloured glasses before looking, or enjoying it. Thank you.

Body art
Is it “no money, no honey”, or “no honey, no money”?

Money is the root of all evil, but also the mojo to certain impossible.

Forgive me for showing you all the crumpled notes. It's just that I don't have the habit of money-ironing.

Posted by 壁虎 at 5:25:00 AM

6 Comments

  1. Blogger Lionel Tan posted at 1/15/2006 12:26 PM  
    How to fold the heart?!
  2. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/15/2006 6:25 PM  
    cockroach, you can check out the steps here http://web.singnet.com.sg/~owrigami/ht1r.jpg
  3. Blogger 小嬡 posted at 1/15/2006 7:23 PM  
    Wah! Didn't know you are that rich.

    Richer than me! >_<
  4. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/15/2006 11:21 PM  
    小嫒,if you change most of your $100, $50 and $10 into $2 notes and take a shot with all your notes lying around, you will look like a millionair!

    =P
  5. Blogger 小嬡 posted at 1/17/2006 10:15 PM  
    Where's the $2? Your pix show a pile of $50, $10 and $5 bills lor.

    I don't have so much money at hand lah. Most of my hard-earned money was used to pay off school fees. >_<

    Wonder if you are interested in sponsoring for my Bachelor degree?

    =P
  6. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/17/2006 10:39 PM  
    Bachelor degree? how much? $50, $10 and $5 enough??
    =X

Post a Comment

« Home