Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The gray and maroon combination failed, and perhaps, impossible to succeed.

Other then colour itself, what does the word “gray” and “maroon” actually means?

Gray [gray]
adj.


  1. Colour of ash.
  2. Dismay or gloomy.
Maroon [ma roón]
adj.


  1. Deep purplelish-red.
  2. Isolated or alone.

The meaning to these two words sounded unlikely positive huh? While reading my blog, have you ever felt sad or isolated? I hope not. In overall, what do you think of this colour combination right in front of your eyes?

Apart from blog templates, maroon and gray amalgamation could be appreciated in other areas too. Starting from the first day of year 2006, I mentioned that I am going to dye my hair in gray hue before the Lunar New Year. The last attempt failed due to insufficient bleaching, never would I expect it to fail again this time. Utter complete gray! Gray as in the meaning - dismay!

Any experienced hair-colour changer here? Please enlighten me why doesn’t the gray dye stay after bleaching for more then 2 hours! Bleaching almost ruined my hair – in the sense of colouring. Red stripes turned out way too light and gray base remained unseen.

Maybe I should do this combination when I’m old, when my hair naturally turns gray? Only then when I do highlighting, the maroon will stay. However I might be facing negative critiques wherever I’m standing, like “Look at that moron in maroon!”.

BeforeDesired
Picture on the left was what’s on my head before this morning. Look at the picture on the right, that was the effect I kinda looked forward to, which I think it’s absolute coolness!

The few hours at aunt’s salon was probably wasted. I should have just trimmed my hair instead of having designs on my hair. Or rather, I shouldn’t have went in the beginning. I preferred my hair as before. Never mind. no pain no gain, isn’t it?

The only way I could successfully gray my weird hair is by photoshopping. Please get back into shape, my hair.

During the few hours of scissor and different chemicals meddling on my hair, I took a picture almost on each progressive point. Some pictures tend to imaged me like superstars! From Little Clear Plastic Hood, to Barley-Davidson bike rider, to Siao-Kia rock band’s punk, and then to some modern Samurai seen in anime. All the above so damn cool one. But! But! But! The final result, dissatisfaction lar!

Hair styling in progress
Eight shots. How many idling points have you estimated throught my whole session at the salon?

Final product
The final product. Just how far was the result from the previous pictures, and what I longed for? Very far!

I'm not sure if my friends ever wondered why didn't I bring them to my aunty's place. They might get good discount, isn't it? But after reading this post, more or less y'all should know the reason. Hahaha! Although I might not get exactly the style I expected, but at least everything's still fine with me.

Noticed Jasper STORMED his hair, I wonder my hair can STORM gray with maroon blood oozing out or not.

Colours will bore me sooner or later. Imagine having to think what colour you gonna dye the next time. Tiring. I should just stop thinking about colouring my head, er, hair, anymore. This kind of thing also depends on fate one.

I’m a lizard, not iguana.

Posted by 壁虎 at 2:39:00 AM

10 Comments

  1. Blogger 小嬡 posted at 1/18/2006 8:02 PM  
    壁虎很 stylo hor? =P
  2. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/18/2006 9:34 PM  
    最终还是 failure >_<
  3. Blogger Xiaoxin (小心) posted at 1/18/2006 10:05 PM  
    不会啊...挺好看的啊~~
  4. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/18/2006 10:10 PM  
    我也是觉得好看啦,但不是我想要得那样。
    =P
  5. Blogger Lionel Tan posted at 1/19/2006 11:05 PM  
    哎呀。。。好看就好。我要都不可以。
  6. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/19/2006 11:40 PM  
    来日方长啊!梦想总是期待被实现的一天!
    =D
  7. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1/20/2006 5:06 PM  
    It looks great. I like the combination. I think it's time to give my blog a face lift, lol...
  8. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/20/2006 6:36 PM  
    Your blog is already in the Gray&Maroon style, isn't it?
  9. Blogger Jasper Chen posted at 1/22/2006 9:03 PM  
    LOL I STORMED my hair.

    Next time choose X-Men hairstyle le... =P
  10. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/22/2006 11:10 PM  
    Then don't forget to post your photos in the X-men costume!
    Hahaha!

Post a Comment

« Home