Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006 - The present, and the future

Year 2005 has just elapsed in the blink of an eye although we usually blink both eyes together. So what have everyone been doing during the past year? What have you intended or planned to do during the following days and months of 2006?

It’s already 2.49AM of the brand new year, and I’m only planning of how to write this post. Wah liao eh.

As mentioned in my last don’t-know-how-many post, I fear celebrating birthdays with my family members, and, of my family members. This starting of the year probably means another round of birthdays are coming!! I’m in deep water. Real deep. Like ocean. Geckos are also scared of sharks!

Dear chums and readers of 《壁虎山庄》, the one in Chinese, I guess y’all are probably wondering, why this post IS IN ENGLISH!!!! Ya lar, new year, new feeling and a new sense of weirdness. A blog is nothing without readers, a blogger is nothing without a brain – of new ideas, probably new crappy ideas. I think at these point of time I’m widely influenced in English blog after loitering at Tomorrow.sg for such a long time. Cockroach knows about my plan – having English post, again!

It has been more then half a year blogging in Chinese, I’m feeling unusual to communicate in this alien language English again. But probably Cockroach’s blog give me the courage to try it again? Or perhaps I should turn bilingual as well, I mean, REAL BILINGUAL! Balance of eastern and western tidbits as of my “current mood” as at that point of time. Would my lair turn into utter messed-up Rojak after spending 6hrs spring cleaning and changing my blog layout without sleep till 10am the next day? I ask you, you ask who? Hahahaha!

For 2006, I’ve download Firefox, and found out it doesn’t suit me at all. That’s not my cup of tea. I prefer suger in my Lipton. But because of Firefox, I got myself iTunes somehow. iTunes looks pretty attractive to me after my maiden try. Be it visually or it’s accessibility.

iTunes
This is what you would see in the library song list, but the visualiser is more powerful then Windows Media Player Ver. n!

I’m the suah koo of IT, but surely, I’m not the last soul to find out about iTunes and Firefox okay!! If anyone likes it, go get it! GeckoZ recommend one.

So for 2006, I got myself a considered-new hairstyle that comes with bleaching - due to an utter failure of hi-lighting of grey hue. I’ll be back. To get it dyed, before the Lunar New Year.

May as well consider a tattoo on my forhead and perhaps getting a pair of look-like-vampire contact lenses!

cosplayer
A ready made cosplayer, ready to parade at Orchard!

Happy New Year, of the year 2006!!!
Slàinte mhath!

Posted by 壁虎 at 2:43:00 AM

13 Comments

  1. Blogger Lionel Tan posted at 1/01/2006 4:19 AM  
    Happy new year! Am I the first one to comment in year 2006?!?!

    "Cockroach’s blog give me the courage to try it again" eh...My blog enlgish is super duper bad, how to give you courage?!?!?!

    Ai yo...got one more BILINGUAL blogger liao. Jia lat jia lat, but still I got the name "BILINGUAL FINGER", just that hor...I not that Bilingual leh....lazy to type chinese. hahaha

    Cockroach here also scare my birthday, because it means I getting older, other people can start calling uncles. Cannot, cannot, so I don't like to celebrate my brithday.

    Once again, Happy New Year!!!
  2. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/01/2006 4:24 AM  
    Yes! My top top top reader lar! hahaha!

    ur english not super bad lar, liddat then got 亲切感。mine dun have. hahaha.

    i scared after i blog in English hor, i will have lesser Chi post.. scared ar.. see how..

    i thought u say "todaealas, I used to it. In real world, people do call me uncle also."? hahaha~

    Happy Happy New Year!!
    can't wait for the lunar wan!
  3. Blogger 小嬡 posted at 1/01/2006 11:45 AM  
    Welcome uncle Geckoz to join in the bilingual loop!

    Gambate!

    Happy New Year (pull your ear)!
  4. Blogger ツリちゃん☆ posted at 1/01/2006 3:12 PM  
    壁虎叔, 新年快乐!

    Wow, grey hue for hair is nice! (...like Ken Hirai sometime back, greyish-white... *swoon*...) I see your layout has become so neat, even the links are in alphabetical order :p New year, new Geckoz :p
  5. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/01/2006 5:27 PM  
    德峻, the lizard skin wasn't compatible with Mozilla. haha~
    Happy New Year!

    小嫒, does everyone loitering in the loop of bilinguality = uncle ad aunty?
    >_<
    *i want to pull your ear!

    阿宁姨,2006年快乐!!
    is this english post better for you? hahahaha!
    hi-lighting emerald green, dark blue and bright dark yellow oso not bad. but more for females.
    >_<

    New year, New GeckoZ, New Blogging way!
    =DDD
  6. Blogger 小嬡 posted at 1/01/2006 8:57 PM  
    Probably.

    As we entered into 1 new year...

    2005 + 1 = 2006

    Therefore...

    (Geckoz's current age) + 1 = Uncle Geckoz

    :P

    On a higher note, slainte mhath is definitely closely associated with bilingual bloggers.

    So all bilingual bloggers are bound to live in excellent health and wealth this joyous day, and much much more in days to come.

    :P X2
  7. Blogger 小嬡 posted at 1/01/2006 8:59 PM  
    Don't pull my ear...

    or I'll pull your tail >_<
  8. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/01/2006 10:12 PM  
    20 year old still considered young can, aunty?! besides i have yet enter NS! lol!

    how is slainte mhath closely related with BBs??

    u wan my tail u tell me, i give u. i got a whole collection of tails and my broken milk teeth in my chamber.

    =PpP
  9. Blogger 小嬡 posted at 1/01/2006 11:58 PM  
    You see, my dearest uncle Geckoz, bilingual bloggers are destined to live a ripe old age. In order to achieve this, one must be in slainte mhath (lit. good health).

    Don't you agree?

    P.S. I don't fancy any your collection of chemically preserved tails drowned somewhere in your chamber lah. I yield to detach that wriggling one right there at your butt. Muah...ahahah!

    *Sing aloud*

    脱掉! 脱掉! 脱掉!
    拔掉! 拔掉! 拔掉!
    断掉! 断掉! 断掉!
    丢掉! 丢掉! 丢掉!
  10. Blogger 小嬡 posted at 1/02/2006 12:04 AM  
    Just kidding hor.

    =P
  11. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/02/2006 1:27 AM  
    why "bilingual bloggers are destined to live a ripe old age."?

    spare my lizard tail! i can give u hot lizard shit in exchange.
    =P
  12. Blogger Jasper Chen posted at 1/02/2006 11:30 AM  
    哇哈哈!我不知道为什么可是你那张被你涂鸦过的脸有一点怕人哦!哈哈,请不要被冒犯哦!=)
  13. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 1/02/2006 12:50 PM  
    你不是第一个冒犯我的人。
    我把那张照弄去做 msn display pic 结果议论纷纷。
    -_-"
    LoL~

Post a Comment

« Home