Friday, February 25, 2005

Understanding, and knowing...

"hey gal, i understand you.. really.. i said i understood you becoz..
i noe you would be happy everytime i am beside you.. i noe you love chocolate ice cream, i noe you adore the photo album haging in that showcase we saw last week, and so on..."

"are you sure you understood me? i doubt so...
"

.
.
.
.
.
.

hey ppl, do you really noe what understanding is? be it understanding a person, an object, or even things that happens in your daily life and things that you are learning in school... when u said you understand them... do you really do?

so.. what the F*** does understanding actually means? or wth issit about?

from my personal opinion, i think that understanding something is not just knowing it, but also knowing about about the how and why...

we human beings usually got the wrong concept and got mixed up between "knowing" and "understanding".. at least that's what i think, as i had only found out about the difference (or rather noticed it) recently.

from the converstation right above, do you think the 1st speaker really understand the gal (2nd speaker) well?

what i wanna sae is tt.. yes, this guy knows the gal well. but that does not means he understood her well too...

he knows that the gal would be happy to be by his side, but why?
the gal likes chocolate ice cream, but so?
and what makes the gal adore the photo album so much?

"you don't really understand me at all! you spent your whole day with me cos you think i'll be happy, you stuff dozens of chocolate ice cream in my fridge cos it's having an offer in NTUC and you thought it's all the while in my mind, you paid for the photo album and gave it to me just bcoz tears welled up my eyes when i saw it...

you DO NOT understand me at all!

i wants to be by your side becoz i wanted to give you all my time.. and i'm only giving them to you, what's the point of spending ur whole day with me when you were bringing your whole group of friends along and you din even tok to me like i'm transparent?
i like chocolate ice-cream becoz that was the only thing we ate on the 1st day we met, and we happened to be eating the same flavours. why stuff those blocks of ice-cream in my fridge when you don't intend to eat them with me?
i cried when i saw the photo album.. i bought it for my ex-boy and he threw it away. you actually thought i like it and bought it for me...

juz how much do you understand me?
"

knowing is not understanding at all.. for your info. plz do not sae you understand someone or something when you don't really do...

the hardest thing to understand is not how things work, but rather.. why things work this way.. and i believe, that might be the most important thing for us to find out...

Posted by 壁虎 at 9:14:00 PM

3 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 2/27/2005 12:17 AM  
    Is really hard to understand ppl, even if tt's the person u truly love and have been together for a long long time.

    This post truly touch my heart..
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 2/27/2005 3:32 AM  
    U post what my inner me really felt..
    ~~Me~~
  3. Blogger 壁虎 posted at 2/27/2005 3:33 AM  
    tnx for getting so many feedbacks about the "understanding" post.. i really appreciates them.. really... hopefully i would b able to come up wiith more post like tt..

Post a Comment

« Home